Thursday 12 January 2012

NOTD: Barry M Nail Effects Gold Foil


This isn't a nail polish I would have bought myself but I received it as part of a Secret Santa present, so I thought I'd give it a go. When these polishes first came out, I was excited to try them until I saw the reviews. I was expecting them to have a really shiny finish, like Minx nail foils. However, I'm so glad I got this, because I love it! It was opaque in two coats and dries quicker than a normal polish. The finish is a semi-matte pale gold which looks lovely in the sunlight. It's a lot less shiny than a foil but for £3.99 you can't really expect it to be fantastic.

Two coats of the polish without a top coat lasted 4 days without one single chip, even then it only chipped because I broke a nail. I think the colour looks great with my pale skintone and would probably suit most other skintones too. The only problem is you have to be careful when applying it as the brushstrokes show up really easily.

The foil effect polish also comes in two other shades, silver and (limited edition) lilac and are priced at £3.99 in Boots, Superdrug or online.

16 comments:

  1. I love foil effect varnishes, I have a lilac China Glaze one but that Barry M one looks lush too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the finish of this polish. Just shiny enough :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive got the lilac one and like you i was a bit let down after reading the reviews online, i love the metallic nail foils :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the silver version of this, I wasn't thinking of getting the gold but that second picture is just lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to get this one! :) it looks very pretty, and I love the effect! :)

    http://jen-theblondeblogger.blogspot.com/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the gold, I love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That polish is gorgeous, my coursemate had some on today and it looked lovely! I think I might have to try the silver :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this colour, I love it!
    Love your blog, so I'm now following

    franky @ snippets-scribbles.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have the silver one of these! i think they're really nice, the gold looks lovely. so going to try get my mitts on the lilac one though, that sounds awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the special effect varnishes, i need to get myself the lilac one! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try this, I think it looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooft I might have to try this, I've been looking for some matte metallics for aaages ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been seeing so many reviews of these polishes, I really need to give them a try! It looks great :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this colour on your im stuck in a varnish rut i always wear dark red! but i got some foils for xmas so im going to test them out soon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the silver, but the lilac one looks awful against my skintone. Had to cover it up with the Barry M Croc Effect polish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top