Friday 10 October 2014

Beauty: Birchbox October 2014


Can you believe it? It's that time again already! The months are just flying past - it's been my birthday already and now we're properly into autumn! This month's Birchbox was a bit of a surprise as I hadn't realised they'd been sent out and I hadn't seen any spoilers. This month, Birchbox is supporting Coppafeel and so the little bag inside is a pink zip pouch - so cute!

Cattier Pink Clay Face Mask, available here
This mask is packed with aloe vera and is meant to soften your skin and help to illuiminate your complexion. This is just what I need now the days are getting chillier and my face is being exposed to the wind and cold. Dry skin always appears during autumn and tends to stick around until the spring so this face mask should really jelp with that. The sample sizes are really generous too, I reckon I can get a couple of uses out of each one. 

Birchbox Lipstick Pen
This was the little lifestyle bonus. It took me forever to work out how to get the top off and if I'm honest, my first thoughts were that it looks like an Ann Summers silver bullet. Come on, I know I'm not the only one that thought that.

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm, available here
This was the only full sized item in this month's box. I haven't tried much by Pixi, just a couple of eye crayons but I adore this lip balm. It smells a lot like one that I was sent by a German penpal and I can't quite put my finger on the scent. It's very sheer and doesn't show up much on my lips, however it is very moisturising and is worth the £8 just for the nostalgia that the scent brings.

Shaveworks The Cool Fix, available here
This gel lotion is designed to sooth the skin and to  treat ingrown hairs after you've shaved. I don't know anybody who doesn't suffer with the odd ingrown hair or two, so this is perfect. I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of this.

Meaningful Beauty Glowing Serum, available here
This serum is from Dr Sebagh and Cindy Crawford - who doesn't want skin like Cindy Crawford? I'll definitely be reaching for this in the coming months when my face starts to get that dull look it gets every winter.

KMS California Hair Play Dry Wax, available here
Dry wax is something I've never considered using in my hair. I thought it was more of a short hair thing, however this one comes out of the can a lot like hair spray. I'll have a good go with this and see if I can get some sort of texture to my boring 'do.

This isn't the best Birchbox I've had but I'll definitely continue to subscribe! If you want to try out Birchbox, you can sign up here

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks like an alright box! I really like Pixi products so I'd have been happy about the lip balm! haha xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the exact same box! I'm excited to try the face masks I think you can get at least 4 uses out of the samples.
    http://allthingskerri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This months box looks so nice! I've been dying to try Birch Box but I'm struggling to pull myself away from Glossy Box! xx
    www.putmeinapartydress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really like Birchbox this month! I'm glad i'm not subscribed at the moment!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not subscribed to Birchbox, but it looks like you've got a good mix of products! I'm a big fan of Pixi products so I'll definitely check it out.. Thanks for Sharing :')

    Pixee @ Humane Beings xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top