Tuesday 26 November 2013

Black is the new black.



I've recently started a new job where I get to wear what I want - as long as it's black (and smart, obviously). I had to wear black trousers and a black shirt when I worked in Primark and I think it's the most dull outfit ever, so I refuse to wear the same at this new job which is more relaxed. I didn't actually own a lot of black clothing when I started so I've had to go out and pick a few bits up - any excuse to go shopping!

I've mostly been wearing trousers, either black skinny jeans (which I picked up super cheap at Tesco) or these jacquard print skinny trousers which were an absolute steal at £10 and are amazing for adding a bit of texture to an outfit. They're smart but also stylish as well. I've been wearing them with knitted jumpers or my fluffy cardigan which I picked up in Primark for only £12. I wasn't sure at first but it's so snuggly and warm which is an absolute lifesaver when you work in a shop and have to have the door open at all times. I feel like a big yeti in it and again, it's great for adding texture to an otherwise boring outfit.

I've been sticking to either black long sleeved tshirts under my fluffy cardigan or I've been breaking the rules (rebel!) and wearing a different coloured shirt under a knitted jumper, so you can just see the collar popping out. Skater dresses are also a great idea if you don't want to wear trousers as they also look smart. I've got a couple with peter pan collars that I like to wear to work as well.

Luckily, I own a lot of black shoes. My favourite ones to wear are ankle boots (I have a couple of pairs from Tesco) and these brogues which were reduced to £12.

What do you wear to work? Do you wear a lot of black?

4 comments:

  1. The dress is super cute! I have a pair of black brogues and I live in them! They go with so much and are so handy.

    Chloe xo

    www.chloetheredhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the trousers and saw some very similar in topshop the other day, but this is a much better price haha

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  3. black is the best colour always x
    fashionandkiwi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top