Thursday 24 November 2011

BB Cream Review: 17 & Garnier

I'm a bit late on the BB bandwagon but it's something I've been wanting to try ever since I found out about it. BB cream, which is short for 'Blemish Balm' is an all in one make up product. They claim to be a primer, foundation, moisturiser and sun block all in one product.
I picked up 17's BB cream in Boots last week and got three samples Garnier's through the post. Both were in the shade 'Light'.


17 
17 call this "The All in One Magic Make Up" The formula of this is a lot like a foundation and isn't scented. When blended, this was a perfect match for my skin colour. It helps to even out my skintone but it doesn't cover up any spots I may have. I'd say the coverage is about as good as a tinted moisturiser. It leaves my skin feeling a bit greasy once I've applied it, but it lasts quite a long time. I usually apply it at about 8am and it only starts to disappear at around 3pm. The cream has an SPF of 15 which is always good when you have fair skin like me. Usually, my skin starts to feel dry when the weather gets colder, but since I've been using this, it's stayed moisturised!

Garnier
The formula of this is a bit thicker than the 17 BB cream and has a slight scent which soon disappears. When blended, this was too dark for my skin tone but has quite a medium coverage. It evened out my skintone and covered some blemishes but there was still a need for concealer. Again, this feels greasy when on my skin but it lasted a good ten hours before it started to wear off. I didn't use a moisturiser before putting this on and I was surprised to find that it kept my skin hydrated and the SPF of 15 is also a plus too.

I liked both of these BB Creams but due to the colour, I preferred the one from 17.
17's BB Cream is available from Boots at a special price of £5.99 (usually £7.99)
Garnier's BB Cream is available from Boots and Superdrug for £9.99

7 comments:

  1. Loved this post! I'm actually working on a BB Cream review too, I bought a Missha brand one off Ebay - just waiting a month or so to see if I see any visible results on my skin after that long of using it!
    The Garnier one sounds quite good! I still need to use concealer and foundation over my BB Cream, too, though I do like a bit of coverage.

    Great seeing you again today, Hayley! :D

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, really want to try this product xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for the comment my lovely, I had no clue what a BB cream was to be honest, the advert doesn't say! But this has made it a little clearer!

    Lots of Love,
    Lily From
    Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. great reviews,
    I've been really curious about these products

    Serendipity Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. great reviews,
    I've been really curious about these products

    Serendipity Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard such mixed reviews in regards to BB creams, especially the Garnier one! Everyone seems to dislike it!
    I have never really understood what a BB cream is!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the 17 one too, and I love it! it has actual replaced my foundation and I think it leaves your skin so soft too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top