Wednesday 23 April 2014

Stephen's Story


If you're from around here, you will definitely have heard about Stephen's Story.  For everyone else around the world, you will have probably heard about it by now as it's been going viral since last night. Stephen Sutton is an 19 year old from my small town of Burntwood in Staffordshire. He's been battling what is now terminal cancer for the past three years and has been raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust since his diagnosis. He did this by creating a bucket list and asking for donations while he jumped out of a plane, got a tattoo and busked in public. His original goal was £10,000 which he soon reached so he set another goal of £1million.

Yesterday, Stephen posted a farewell on his Facebook page after being admitted to hospital with a collapsed lung. He had managed to raise just over £750,000 at that point and and was still hoping to reach the grand total of £1million. With the help of some celebrities (Piers Morgan and Jason Manford to name just two), Stephen's Story went viral overnight and he managed to reach his target of £1million just after 11am this morning.

The donations are still flooding in and at the time of writing this post, he's reached an amazing £1,104,178.57! Please donate any spare money that you have to Stephen's Story and help this brave young man to carry on smiling from his hospital bed.


PS. Don't forget to vote for me in the StyleFruits Pastel Me Pretty competition, you can vote once a day!

5 comments:

  1. I will see what spare money I have and donate what I can x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave man. I had heard of Stephen just recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry published before I had finished, such an amazing amount for a worthwhile cause. He should be very proud

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an amazing man and he raised so much money well done to him

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so inspirational :) well done to him, the world needs more people like him.

    xx
    http://www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top