Friday 12 August 2011

If I had £100 to spend in.. Miss Selfridge

I was overwhelmed at the response I got from this feature last week - I really wasn't expecting it to be such a hit! So, here it is again this week, featuring Miss Selfridge.


Recently, I've started loving my jeans again and I've been searching for the perfect black pair. These black super skinnies seem like they could be it and at only £36 they're a bit of a bargain too seeing as they're so versatile and can be worn with almost anything.
As soon as I saw this animal print shirt it reminded me of the lovely Claire  after she wore a sheer shirt and ribbon bow combo for the Brum Blogger Meet. It was definitely love at first sight with this shirt, I love leopard print but sometimes it can be a bit too in your face. This tan colour with the small print is lovely and subtle. I would definitely get a lot of wear out of this.
A lot of people think that black and brown together is a big no no, obviously I'm not one of those people. I think that these tan loafers are lovely and will go with everything. I really need a pair of tan shoes as the soles on my boots are literally hanging off! I think they go really well with the shirt and make the whole outfit look really smart.
I don't think I really need to explain why I picked the ring really, do I? Look at it, it's perfect and we could really do with a bit of peace in England at the moment, couldn't we? 
I picked the bangles as the brown one goes nicely with the whole outfit and the teal one would add a nice pop of colour to an otherwise black and brown outfit. It's always nice to wear a couple of bracelets or bangles when you're wearing a sleeveless shirt.
The whole outfit comes to a grand total of £96.50 so that leaves £3.50 to spend on some fruit jellies and a Starbucks (my weaknesses at the moment!)

18 comments:

  1. Nice idea and outfit! I really want to get a pair of tan loafers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole outfit is lovely! I'm after a pair of loafers too but none seem right for me :( I love this type of post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this outfit! Especially the loafers and ring :) I have a thing for peace signs! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of this feature! <3
    I've been wanting a pair of black skinnies for A/W, they'll definitely be a staple for me. Miss Selfridge jeans fit perfectly as well!

    Love Ellen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The animal print shirt is gorgeous! I hardly ever wear anything with an animal print! (: Ooh, and thank you for putting my button in your sidebar sweetie, do you have one that I can return the favour with? XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, especially the shirt. Oh to have 100 to blow

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh great choices! I love the shirt and the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that animal print shirt. Great picks for autumn and a very good use of an imaginary £100! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Miss Selfridge at A/W time :).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your picks :).

    Sadie xx

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great choices - love the ring and loafers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOH love your selection! I'm a bit nuts about loafers too haha, thanks for the mention sweets! :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want those loafers too! I love the ones with the bows on. Still I don't know if loafers will die of fashion trend overload soon or if they will be great throughout autumn! Would be nice to have a shoe with an actual sole rather than a cardboard ballet flat though haha, my feet are ruined by the shoes of today!! God that sounds old haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post idea. Love seeing how people who are actually fashionable (unlike me!) pull together pretty outfits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome survey, I love your article.

    Zojirushi Bread Machine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top