Thursday 31 March 2011

Going dotty!


I just spent about an hour and a half on my nails. I used Barry M's Mushroom and MUA's Shade 18. I did the dots with the flat end of a pin after seeing Gem Fatale's Tuesday Tip. They're not perfect but it was a first attempt. They probably won't last long, I'll get bored of them and change them before the weekend!

I'm very impressed with the MUA (Makeup Academy) nail polish. I'd always just walked past all of the MUA stuff in Superdrug because of the price tag - everything's £1 so I automatically thought it would all be rubbish. Yesterday I was very upset because as you'll know if you follow me on twitter my DSLR just died on me so I needed cheering up. I was looking at the Barry M polish and thought why not try MUA? After all, it's only £1! I'm glad I did, I'll be going back there to try the rest if the range. I fancy a new lipstick.

Have you tried anything from the MUA range? What did you think?

7 comments:

  1. Love the colours, I'm going to try Gem's tip tomorrow :)
    I've only tried the glitter liner from MUA, really want to try all the other stuff though I've heard so many good things!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've tried a few lipsticks and few eyeshadows from MUA, and was really pleasantly suprised! I think the MUA eyeshadows/lipsticks are perfect if you want to try a new shade, but aren't sure if you'll like it, so by buying MUA, you're not wasting too much money if you turn out to hate it, brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to try Gem's tip on Sunday (: Damn work and their no-nail varnish rule! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Florence and the Machine fan too? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dotty nails! I use the dotting tools I got from eBay but Gem's DIY tips were so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your nails look brilliant!
    i love mua eyeshadows - thinking of buying myself a z palette to pop them into :) such good colour payoff for £1! will definitely have to look at their nail polishes next time i'm in superdrug!

    sarahbox04.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top