Sunday 31 March 2013

MAC Candy Yum Yum

MAC Candy Yum Yum - £14 available here

A couple of weeks ago I got to Birmingham two hours before I was due to start work so I decided I needed to buy a new lipstick to pass the time. I already knew which one I wanted and went and stood outside Selfridges in the Bullring waiting for it to open like a loser. Unfortunately, they didn't have Candy Yum Yum in stock so I rushed over to the MAC store on Canon Street which I much prefer to Selfridges.  The staff are all so much friendlier and more helpful and they always have a lot more in stock. Their testers are never dirty and they always have a full range of products on display for you to swatch. Thankfully they had Candy Yum Yum in stock so I bought it straight away.

This is the first matte lipstick I've ever bought from MAC and I'm really impressed so far. I don't have particularly dry lips so it goes on smoothly and looks fine for a few hours but then it does start to flake off a bit. This isn't really a problem though, I've found that just wiping off the lipstick with a tissue and then applying it again is fine and it looks as good as new. It does last a good 4-5 hours before it starts to come off, even when I'm eating and drinking. It's a bright, neon pink and at first I was unsure about it but it goes great with my pale skintone and I've even been wearing it for work. If you can't wear neon pink lipstick in a camping shop, when can you wear it? I've had a lot of compliments on it and one guy even asked if it glowed in the dark!

I seem to be buying a lot of lipsticks lately, so I ended up buying this acrylic lipstick holder from my last ebay post. It's excellent value for under £4 (it's now gone up to £5.20 which is still a massive bargain) and I can't wait for it to arrive!

13 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely shade!

    Hope you're having a wonderful Easter, doll! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    Enter my giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, sexy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous colour, i need it in my collection!
    Really suits you! :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!Looks great on you!kisse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful on you!
    I'm a fan of bright pinks too,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try this lipstick, I've seen a lot about it and it looks amazing and I need to expand my MAC collection!

    Rose
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, you pull it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try this but I don't think I can pull it off like you & Meg of Made in a Cup you both look FANTASTIC in it. It really suits you.

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this lipstick really suits you! I like the swatches it looks a gorgeous colour, don't think I have the confidence to pull it off although I would love to!
    It made me chuckle when you wrote about being early for work, I am forever ridiculously early for work haha :D

    your photographs are lovely and you look gorgeous :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gorgeous on you! I'd love to be able to pull off a neon pink, I'm tempted to try this on in store myself :) x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely need to try a Mac lippy!
    Loving neon lips at the mo so this might have to be my first Mac purchase ;)

    Kylie x
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous shade I have this wear it all the time so glad this is no longer limited edition.

    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top