Tuesday 8 January 2013

Selfridges SS13 Event



Last month, I was invited to an event held at the iconic department store, Selfridges in Birmingham. The event was a chance for the team from Selfridges to showcase the trends for Spring/Summer 2013 and for us local bloggers to have a sneak peek at the new arrivals in store.

After a long day volunteering at the museum, I headed to Starbucks for a quick coffee with Victoria, Chloe, Emma and Sian before we headed to Selfridges for the event. We met up with all of the other bloggers and the Selfridges team in the Moet wine bar where we were treated to a glass of champagne and were shown a presentation on the trends that are going to be big in the coming season. I especially love the idea of all black outfits! After the presentation we were given a tour of the shop and were introduced to some of the new pieces for this season. My personal favourite was the gorgeous Givenchy bag that I've pictured above (anyone got a spare £1,325 I can have?). Also, how amazing was the McQueen display?

After the tour, we all headed down to the ground floor which is home to the famous food hall. We were treated to foot at Itihaas Brasserie, which serves gorgeous Indian food. We had a great selection of wraps, naans and curries while we had a chat about the new collections. After we'd eaten, we all headed off to our final part of the night which was the part I'd been anticipating the most.. the pampering sessions. I was lucky enough to pick out a make over at NARS. The make up artist, Julia  talked me through which products would be best for my dry skin and gave me an amazing smokey eye look with the Kuala Lumpur eyeshadow duo which is now high up on my wishlist.

It was such a good night, the staff at Selfridges are so friendly and welcoming. I'm already looking forward to the next event!

4 comments:

  1. Oh lovely pictures and sounds like you had so much fun! It always makes everything so much more pleasant when the staff are nice!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh what a lovely fashion event! Hope you had fun browsing the items!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time, how lucky to be invited to one of those! I'm desperate to go to a blogger event!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top