Monday 28 February 2011

Oscars Red Carpet 2011

I don't watch the Oscars - or any other awards shows for that matter but I do love looking at the outfits on the red carpet! Looking at the list of films that are nominated tonight I feel a bit bad.. the only ones I've seen out of all of them is Harry Potter and Toy Story 3. I really should start going to the cinema more (or buying dvds or something).
Here are my favourite dresses from the red carpet:

Mila Kunis - I love everything about this dress! The pale lilac which looks so good with her skintone, the lace, the ruffles, the cut of it - everything! This is the sort of dress I'd want to wear if I was going to the Oscars (like that would ever happen).

Florence Welch - In my eyes, Florence can do no wrong. I love everything she wears and this vintage inspired dress complete with lace and ruffles is no exception! Not many other people would be able to pull off this look but with her flaming hair, pale skintone and minimal make up she looks perfect!

Hailee Steinfeld - considering she's only 14, she looks so grown up in this baby pink Marchesa dress but keeps it simple with her hair in a classic bun and a plain silver clutch so she still looks youthful. I especially love the sheer panel with the beading at the top of the dress.

Reese Witherspoon - she looks amazing in this monochrome Giorgio Armani Privé dress which hugs her figure perfectly without being too tight and revealing, with her hair slicked back in a simple ponytail. There's no need for a necklace with this dress, it would just detract the attention away from the white silk band at the top. She's just got two diamond bangles, green dangly earrings and a large statement ring.

Those were my favourites, here are the dresses I didn't like:

Scarlett Johansson - she usually always looks stunning but there's just something off about this Dolce & Gabbana dress. It looks way too tight and I don't like the colour, I think it's way too dark for her skin tone. I'm also not too keen on the high neck. 

Gwyneth Paltrow - well, my boyfriend thinks she looks gorgeous but to be honest, this dress just reminds me of GOSH's holographic nail polish. It's a bit too space age for me. If it was in a different colour then I'd probably like it, the cut is great and really compliments her figure.

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with my picks for best and worst dresses. What did you think of them? Which were your favourites/least favourites?

1 comment:

  1. My ultimate favourite had to be Jessica Biel and Rosaria Dawson at the aftershow Vanity Fair party. They looked INCREDIBLE!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top