Wednesday 12 March 2014

UKIPT: Poker Tournament London




I've always wanted to be able to play poker but I've never had the chance to learn. A lot of my friends used to have tournaments in our living room but it all looked way too complicated to me so I didn't really join in. Nowadays, there's a lot of websites that you can join and play along with poker tournaments, but where's the fun in that? I do know that when you are playing online it definitely isn't as fun as when you're in a room with other players with an exciting atmosphere and people looking on. It also helps that you can study the other players' body language and you can try to work out if they are bluffing or not. It's a lot more exciting. That's why this UKIPT: Poker Tournament London has been organised. In the video above, you can hear the professional poker player Victoria Coren talk all about her love for the game and how she feels about making money from playing poker in these kind of tournaments. What are her strategies? Does she like to work out who are the newest and weakest players and play against them so she can guarantee she will win the big money? Well, you'll just have to watch the video to find out! It's an interesting watch and you never know, you might get some tips for yourself and you could become the next big poker champion.
Do you play poker? Have you ever been in a tournament like this?


This post was written in collaboration with Spreaditfast

3 comments:

  1. Victoria Coren is ace! Given how much I like her and that my good friend plays poker every week (only girl in a club-full of guys) and that I love maths, I feel I should like poker too but nah, never really appealed to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play poker with my husband and his two brothers, it is good fun and can make for a brilliant night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so rubbish at poker...actually tragic! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top