Monday 27 January 2014

Recipe: Chocolate chip fairy cakes



I love baking, so when I was introduced to the Baking Mad website, I couldn't wait to have a look around. Baking Mad contains hundreds of tried and tested recipes from cakes to cookies to pies to macarons. There's something on there for everyone, no matter how good you are at baking. Last weekend my eleven year old cousin came round for the day so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to test out the website - there's no better way to bond than over cakes. I'd been sent a selection of baking goodies including some dark chocolate chips and Heather decided she wanted to have a go at making chocolate chip fairy cakes - simple but delicious!

Ingredients:
200g butter or margarine
200g golden caster sugar
200g self raising flour
3 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate chips

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line some cake tins with paper cake cases.
2. Beat together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
3. Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture.
4. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture ensuring they're evenly distributed.
5. Spoon the mixture into 12 cake cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.

We decided not to decorate the cakes as they're delicious just the way they are. They certainly went down well with the rest of the family anyway!

6 comments:

  1. Aww they look so cute! I wish I could bake, I'm a disaster haha! It looks easy though..maybe I will give it a try! Bon appetit! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking with kids is the best! You can't go wrong with fairy cakes either, they look yum.

    Georgie xx

    Life in Loafers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy sweetness! They look like a perfect cupcake base to decorate, too.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post dear...you have a lovely blog...following you now on GFC and Google+...it would be great if you follow me back..its good to stay connected darling..:-) <3
    http://www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/beautyandfashionfreak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm these look yummy!! And your blog is super lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw they look soo dinky small , how cute, i attempted making cakes before and they never come out right lol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top