Saturday 3 January 2015

Beauty: Party season must haves




The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser*, available here
When you're going out for a long time, you want your makeup to last and the key to this is to start with a good primer. This Pore Minimiser from The Body Shop really smoothes my skin out making a great base for my foundation. The tea tree in it also helps to keep blemishes at bay, I've noticed a massive difference since I started using it.

Superdrug Glycolic Overnight Peel, available here
After wearing so much make up, it's important to make sure your skin is well looked after with a good skin care routine. I recently purchased this Glycolic Peel which I apply at night before any moisturisers/serums and I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin's texture since I started using it. My skin is a lot smoother, more even in tone and I've had a lot less blemishes.

Models Own Velvet Goth polish in Obsidian, available here
There's nothing like glittery nails at Christmas time! It's almost unacceptable to not be adorning glittery talons at this time of year. I love this one as it's black with both big and small particles of glitter - it almost looks like a night sky on my nails.

Yves Rocher  Flowerparty By Night perfume*, available here
I have different perfumes for day and night and this is definitely a night fragrance. With notes of licorice and vanilla, it's a deep but sweet fragrance without being too masculine. I've found that the scent sticks around for hours too.

Rimmel Provocalips, available here
Long lasting lip colours are essential when you're going out, you want something that's not going to smear all over your face when you take a sip of champagne or sneak a kiss under the mistletoe. These latest offerings from Rimmel are fantastic and last at least 8 hours through drinking and eating. I have three of the eight available colours but will definitely be picking up more!

The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream, available here
I picked this up after falling in love with the Pore Minimiser. This BB cream is so good for the party season as it gives a flawless base (as the name suggests) but isn't too heavy. It lasts all day and the tea tree in it means it's great for blemish prone skin.

The Body Shop Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover*, available here
I tend to wear a lot of eyeliner and mascara when I'm going out which can often be hard to remove, this is where a good eye makeup remover comes in handy. This one from The Body Shop really shifts even the most stubborn of mascaras yet is so gentle and doesn't irritate the eyes at all.


6 comments:

  1. I like the sound of The Body Shop Tea Tree BB cream, I might have to give this a go!

    Kimberley x | Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. great must haves! the perfume is my favourite
    www.mybubbaandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to get my act together and get more Rimmel products especially the apocolips line

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices - have you tried the glycolic peel yet? is it quite tough on the skin?

    Hugs Michelle Elyse || www.ladywoolf.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The goth polish sounds intriguing - I ought to look out for that next time I'm in town. #UKbloggers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure I check it out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top